Westbrook #4

Monday 18 December 2017


Title: Playlist: Part One
Author: Laura Clark
Published: 12th May 2016
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend:  Yes
Synopsis:

Due to mature content, this book is intended for readers who are 16+. Playlist Part One is Book 4 of the Westbrook Series, but can be read without having read the previous books.

Avery Brookes seems to have it all. She's popular, smart, and gorgeous. Everyone at Westbrook High wants to be her because she's as close to perfect as it gets. Or so it seems. . . .

Avery is Ivy-league bound, but only if she lands the scholarship she has her eye on. Everything is on track until she gets her first bad grade. Without an A in this class, she can kiss that scholarship goodbye.

An unexpected extra credit opportunity might help her land the A she so desperately needs. That is, if she can keep her schoolgirl-crush fantasies in check. After all, she’ll be working with Westbrook's hottest male teacher, Mr. Channing. With him barely out of college, and Avery on the way, it’s easy for her to dismiss their small age gap. Will she be able to keep their relationship strictly professional?

Kyle Patterson swears that his player ways are a thing of the past. He’s a sophomore in college now. He wants to be in a committed relationship with Avery Brookes, his sister’s best friend, but she isn’t convinced of his transformation. What does he need to do to prove that he’s serious? Will Kyle be able to capture Avery’s heart before someone else claims it?
 



Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, thank you to the publisher

FINALLY!!!! WE FINALLY GET TO AVERY'S AND KYLE EPIC TALE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!!

I was forever waiting for this book and then I took forever reading it...why you say? I can't really answer that question because ...erm...I don't quite know the answer *runs and hides*

*sighs* because I don't quite know how I feel about Laila and Trevor's relationship. And it only made it harder for me to read about Sam. I really loved Sam and still do. I was so devastated when she chose Trevor over Sam and sometimes I feel like Laila is oblivious. Anyways. I am getting a bit carried with Laila's story instead of Avery...

Avery is Perfect, she is literally. That's what everyone perceives her to be, unknown to them Avery finds it really hard to live up to their expectations and constantly feels pressured. Avery is very sweet, loyal and hardworking. When I read the amount of commitments she has dedicated herself too, I am really in awe of her (I feel like I need to do something to help the community too but reading is hardwork). Kyle is such a sweetheart, I really would love to have a boy friend like him. Marry me instead? *dreamy eyes*

One thing I never expected this storyline to include is a love triangle, I mean having such strong feelings for Kyle and Conor who by the way is Laila's teacher. YES you heard right she also finds herself having feelings for Conor too. What a mess! What have you gotten yourself in to Avery? Although I can't blame her, but she misinterprets everything with Kyle and fails to see how he is trying to change for her, it's not easy girl. It's the same situation with Kyle he misinterprets Avery and well everything basically is a whole mess and I have a bad feeling about this!

ARGHHH!!! When is the next book going to release? Dying to know who Avery ends up with!


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.