When First They Met

Monday 17 April 2017



Title: When First They Met
Author: Debbie Macomber 
Published: 18th July 2015
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend: Yes/No
Synopsis:

Debbie Macomber’s Blossom Street and Cedar Cove series have won thousands of fans, thanks to her signature blend of heartfelt romance, delightful humor, and warm wisdom. Now, in this original short story available exclusively as an eBook, Macomber shares a sneak peek into her new series set in Cedar Cove, which features Jo Marie, before she becomes the owner of the beloved Rose Harbor Inn.
 
From the moment Jo Marie sits next to Paul inside the Seattle Seahawks’ stadium, she feels a spark. Paul’s striking blue eyes and kind smile tell her that he’s someone special—different from any man she’s met before. When they strike up a conversation, Jo Marie and Paul realize how much they have in common, yet there’s one thing keeping them from a fairy-tale ending: Paul is in the military and will ship out of Seattle within the next six weeks. As Jo Marie wonders if she should once again open her heart, she decides that, no matter the stakes, she can’t forgo her chance at true love.
 
Includes an excerpt from Debbie Macomber's Last One Home.


Hmm..I am not sure how I feel about this book, I actually fell in love with both Jo and Paul. For both of them it is love at first sight, they have this instant chemistry just with their eyes connecting with one another.

I love how confident Paul is, he isn't afraid to go after what he wants. He is kind, compassionate, caring and funny. It is actually quite surprising how alike Jo and Paul are. Jo never believed she would fall in love, let alone marry but that all changes when she meets Paul. I really loved learning them learning about each other and before you know one thing leads to another. Unfortunately for Jo, Paul is in the military which limits how much time they can spend with each other but their love for each other never wavers. 

It was the ending that did it for me although it is a happy one, when I turned the page and saw the synopsis for the next book it broke my heart. After throughly enjoying this short book, I was devastated to find out what happens to Paul. I was originally going to continue with reading this series but now I am not so sure. I really loved Paul.

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.