Wildflower Bay: Part One

Monday 15 May 2017



Title: Wildflower Bay: Part One
Author: Rachael Lucas
Published: 19th May 2016
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes/No
Synopsis:

Isla's got the designer clothes and dream job as head stylist at the most exclusive salon in Edinburgh. The fact that she's been so single-minded in this quest that she's forgotten to have a life has completely passed her by - until disaster strikes. 
With her flaky flat mate AWOL and even her reliable old dad a bit distracted, Isla is out of options. 
Forced into a corner, she heads to the remote island of Auchenmor to help out her aunt who is in desperate need of an extra pair of hands at her salon.
Finn is thirty-five and reality has just hit him hard. Now his best friends are about to have a baby and everything is changing. When into his life walks Isla . . 

I am actually not so sure about this book, I am normally all in for these books however I kind of found Isla annoying at the same time as feeling sorry for her. I have to admit, I kind of hated Chantelle, I am not sure who fault is was for the colour mix up when Isla does Kat's hair but I do know in reality would a stylist honestly be sacked for this? I really did love when she sends those drunken texts to her though, I really did feel like giving her a punch. 

I felt really bad for Isla, she loses everything in what seems 24 hours even her flat mate who is supposed to be from a wealthy family kind of annoyed me because all she did was party not really caring about anything.

Luckily, her dad comes to the rescue although I found him kind of pushy and disliked when he made the decision for Isla to help her aunt at the island but maybe this is exactly what she needed and Finn.
We aren't really given much about their relationship except that he is a sculptor, his introduction scene is really funny, I really LOL!!!! *wipes tears from my eyes*. Not sure if I will continue with this series, I feel like I have already read this story before and it didn't really hook me in as I wanted it to.


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.